A local teenager who went missing in Lake Michigan late was recovered by searchers late Thursday night, but she was unable to be revived.

Albrianna Huck, 14, of Ludington, was pronounced dead at Spectrum Health Ludington Hospital at 11:20 p.m. Thursday, as a result of drowning.

That’s according to Ludington Police Chief Mark Barnett, who said Huck was playing with a sibling and an adult family member at Stearns Park beach around 7:30 p.m. Thursday.

“They were swimming and in and out of the water,” Barnett told the Daily News. “It was my understanding that she wanted to go get some ice cream … and the guardian said they’d go later, but she was wanting to do it (right away).

“(The guardian) turned his attention to the other sibling, and when he turned back she was nowhere to be seen.”

Family members assumed she had gone to the beach concession stand, but when Huck was not found there, local law enforcement and emergency responders were called in, according to Barnett.

She was last reported seen at 7:35 p.m. by a witness who was interviewed by police Friday morning.

A search of the park was conducted. It broadened as time passed, spreading into downtown Ludington spots, Barnett said.

“More resources were called in … and we searched the entire park area and broadened the search,” he said.

At 9:45 p.m., searchers were concentrating their efforts in the Stearns Park Beach swim area, and on the far north side of the area. A crew of searchers were walking through the waves searching for Huck, too.

At 9:50 p.m., searchers were advised that the U.S. Coast Guard helicopter crew had located someone on the shoreline waving, according to a press release from police. Land and marine personnel were directed to a location in the area of 711 N. Lakeshore Drive.

“They found her about a quarter-mile or so north (of where she was last seen),” Barnett said.

Upon their arrival, Barnett said emergency responders met individuals who located Huck in the water and had started CPR. Searchers and first responders continued CPR on the victim while she was being transported to the Loomis Street Boat Launch via coast guard boat and then to Spectrum Health Ludington Hospital by Life EMS.

Responders continued to assist the hospital’s emergency room personnel in providing CPR in an effort to revive Huck.

“CPR was continued for quite some time, and she was pronounced deceased at 11:20 p.m. (Thursday) night,” Barnett said. “I don’t know when she went underwater.”

The family of the victim was directed to the hospital, and they were assisted by the Mason County Victim’s Assistance Unit, Barnett stated.

Assisting the police department in the search Thursday night were members of the Mason County Sheriff’s Office road patrol and marine division, the U.S. Coast Guard station in Ludington with aerial assets out of Traverse City, the Ludington and Hamlin Township fire departments, the Michigan State Police Hart post, Mason County Emergency Management, Mason-Oceana 911 and the Mason County Search Management Team.

Barnett said with water levels as high as they are, even calm waters with low waves can be hazardous for swimmers.

“Any time you go swimming or take children or family, it’s important that you know the level of swimming ability, and it’s important to keep an eye on currents, and to just generally to supervise each other,” he said. “Swimmers can get into distress — even adults — and the best defense against that is to know where everyone is at all times.”

Daily News staff writer Noah Hausmann contributed to this report.