The Pentwater Chamber of Commerce has made the decision to go ahead with its annual Fall Festival Arts, Crafts and Antique Show Sept. 26 and Spet. 27.
Recent clarification of the Executive Order from the District Health Department #10 greatly influenced the decision. Phase 4 of Michigan Safe Start Plan maintains that outdoor gatherings of more than 100 people are not permitted. However, the 100 person limit pertains specifically to event attendees and not to vendors.
With the new safety precautions implemented by the chamber, vendors, and public, the ability to host a safe and successful Fall Festival is promising, organizers said.
The chamber’s highest priority is the health and safety of the public. To ensure a safe event the following safety precautions will be implemented:
• Information booth at the one point of entry at the top of the village green.
• Greeter monitoring the number of people entering and exiting the village green. No more than 100 attendees will be permitted on the village green at one time.
• Event area will be fenced in allowing one entry and exit point.
• Hand sanitizer available at entry point and throughout the event area.
• Chamber representatives will be walking through the event area to make sure safety measures are being upheld.
• Signage indicating important safety precautions and social distancing.
• Traffic flow will be marked throughout the event area.
• Samples or food preparation on site is restricted.
• Animals are not permitted in the event area.
• Masks or face shields are required for attendees as well as vendors.
What you can expect from vendors:
All vendors are required to wear masks.
• Vendors are subject to health screenings. Vendors who are ill or have been ill in the last 14 days will be asked not to attend this year’s event.
• Samples or food preparation on site are restricted.
• Vendors will adjust the price of items to encourage exact change.
• Vendors are encouraged to have hand sanitizer in the booth for customer use.
• Vendors will discourage customers touching products.
• Vendors will monitor the number of people within their booth at one time.
To keep vendors safe, customers will also be asked to adhere to the following specific safety guidelines:
• Follow signage indicating entrance and exit point, social distancing and additional safety precautions.
• Please do not attend if you are ill or have been feeling ill in the last 14 days.
• All attendees are required to wear masks.
• Attendees will be asked not to touch products they do not intend to buy.
• Please use exact change whenever possible.
• Avoid gatherings in the event area.
• Avoid eating within the event area.
Please contact the Pentwater Chamber of Commerce with any questions or concerns. The chamber is appreciative of your flexibility and understanding as it continues to navigate the challenges presented by COVID-19. In a season where many events have been cancelled, organizers said they are fortunate to be able to host the 30th Annual Fall Festival.
If you are interested in participating in the Fall Festival, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with name and product. You will be added to the current waiting list.
The chamber continues to evaluate how day-to-day changes in regards to COVID-19 will impact future events. Event updates will be made on a monthly basis. Event announcements in regards to Oktoberfest (Oct. 10, 2020) will be made the second week of September.