• A truck seen driving straight through on a turn lane led to a traffic stop, and the driver’s arrest for OWI (operating while intoxicated). An officer on patrol at 11:23 p.m. observed the truck headed east in the 200 block of E. Colby St. but driving in the left turn only lane then continued east where the road becomes four lanes. The vehicle also was drifting in its lane prior to the stop. While speaking with the Blue Lake Township resident the officer noted that he dropped papers he was holding and it appeared he forgot to zip his pants. After failing sobriety tests the 58-year-old was arrested and taken to the Muskegon County jail for a breath test. That test resulted in a charge of OWI High BAC. The suspect was lodged at the jail.
• At 9:06 p.m. Whitehall Police were called to the 100 block of Pinecrest Rd. on a noise complaint. The caller had already spoken to the neighbor to turn down their music but they had not. When asked by the officer, the neighbor complied and no further action was taken.
• Officers were dispatched to the 500 block of Alice St. on a report of a dog running loose. The dog was located at 3:49 p.m. and was recognized by the officer who also knew that it was the fourth time in five days that the dog was caught by Whitehall Police. The dog was returned to the owner who was also cited for allowing the dog to run at large.
• A low speed pursuit of a 30-foot motor home led to the arrest of the driver on multiple charges. At 1:25 a.m. an officer was patrolling the area of White Lake Drive when he observed a vehicle that he recognized. The officer knew that the owner had a suspended license but also noticed that the motor home was weaving. The officer attempted to stop the vehicle that was going only 20 mph in a 30 mph zone but it did not stop for the lights and siren and even continued on after stopping for a stop sign. When the RV did stop the driver was taken into custody. He also performed sobriety tests which showed signs of impairment. The 41-year-old was then taken to the Muskegon County Jail and a blood sample was taken to be sent to the MSP crime lab. The Whitehall man was charged with OWI 2nd offense, DWLS (Driving While License Suspended) and Fleeing Police 3rd Degree. The suspect was lodged at and remains at the jail.
• Police were called to the 1200 block of Colby St. on a report of a person crying in the hallway. The caller said it had been going on over an hour before the call, but when officers arrived at the 11:15 p.m. call they could not locate the victim.
• At 12:13 a.m., an officer checking a vehicle in Goodrich Park after hours arrested one of the occupants for an outstanding warrant. The 19-year-old man and 18-year-old woman said they were there to talk after watching races earlier in the evening. A routine computer check showed the Fruitland Township man was wanted for failing to appear in court. The suspect was taken into custody and lodged at the Muskegon County Jail.
• A crash occurred when a vehicle that had stopped for a bicycle was struck from behind. A 49-year-old Evanston, IL woman reported that she had stopped for the bicycle at about 6:00 p.m. as it was crossing Thompson St. The woman was traveling south on Thompson St near Hanson St and was followed by another south bound vehicle. That vehicle was driven by a 19-year-old Montague man. He reported that he looked away when he thought he recognized the driver of a passing vehicle and then could not stop in time. The 19-year-old was cited in the crash.
• A man stopped for speeding was arrested for a failure to appear in court warrant. An officer on patrol made a stop in the 800 block of Colby at 9:38 p.m. During a routine computer check it was learned that the 19-year-old was wanted on a Fruitport Township warrant. The suspect, a resident of Fruitport Township, was taken into custody and lodged at the jail without incident.
• At 4:14 p.m. Whitehall Police responded to a report of a “man down” at Goodrich Park. When the officer arrived the man did not initially respond but did eventually wake. The 65-year-old said that he was just taking a nap. No further action was taken.
• A crash at the intersection of Slocum St. and Division St. resulted in damage and citations but no injuries. According to the report a vehicle driven by a 16-year-old Fruitland Township woman ran a stop sign while east bound on Slocum St., pulling into the path of a northbound vehicle. That vehicle was driven by a 46-year-old Montague woman. No one was injured in the 1:32 p.m. crash but the 16-year-old was cited for the stop sign violation and for violating her graduated license due to a non-adult passenger.
• Officers speaking to a woman who said that she was waiting for a friend took notice of a person walking toward them. The person who was in the 700 block of Hanson St. now appeared to be diverting away from them so they approached and questioned the man. The 35-year-old did identify himself and it was learned that he was wanted on a warrant with a $20,000.00 cash bond. The Whitehall Township man was taken into custody at 9:03 p.m. and taken to the Muskegon County Jail to be lodged.
• A report of an assault between two women in Goodrich Park is being reviewed by the Muskegon County Prosecutor. An officer was called to the park at 9:39 p.m. when the first woman, a 30-year-old Muskegon Township resident, reported that she had been punched by another woman. During the investigation the officer learned from witnesses that the 30-year-old was with a group of people setting off fireworks in the park when one of the rounds was accidently shot into another group nearby, striking a child. The second woman approached the man that lit the fireworks and was intercepted by the Muskegon Township woman. The witnesses also said that the 30-year-old pushed the angry 34-year-old Fruitport Township woman who was met with a punch from the 34-year-old. Charges are pending the result of the Prosecutor review.
• A 91-year-old Montague woman making a left turn did not see a west bound vehicle, resulting in a two car crash. The crash occurred at 1:46 p.m. in the 700 block of Colby St. when the Montague woman was east bound turning into the Dollar General. She turned into the path of a vehicle driven by a 59-year-old Whitehall woman. No one was injured or cited in the crash.
• At 6:15 p.m., retail fraud (misrepresent) was reported at 2755 W. Holton-Whitehall Rd., Whitehall Twp.
• At 4:54 p.m., nonaggravated assault and damage to property was reported in the 2000 block of Scenic Dr., Laketon Twp.
• At 7:01 p.m., larceny, theft from a building was reported in the 2300 block of N. Weber Rd., Fruitland Twp.
• At 6:45 a.m., a car-deer crash occurred on Owasippe Rd. at Nichols Rd., Blue Lake Twp.
• At 1:55 a.m., a warrant arrest (assist other agency) occurred on White Lake Dr. at Automobile Rd., Blue Lake Twp.
• At 1:21 a.m., animals at large were reported in the 1400 block of Whitehall Rd., Laketon Twp.
• At 10:30 p.m., a car-deer crash occurred in the 2900 block of Scenic Dr., Fruitland Twp.
• At 10:36 p.m., a violation of Controlled Substance Act was reported in the 1700 block of N. Getty St.
• At 2:18 p.m., a traffic crash occurred on N. Getty St. at E. Giles Rd.
• At 9:07 p.m., a traffic crash occurred on N. Roberts Rd. at Holton Rd.