• At 6:30 p.m., an employee at Jimmy’s Pub in the 8700 block of Ferry St. was cited for furnishing alcohol to a minor. The 37-year-old Whitehall woman was cited during an alcohol compliance check sweep of business which sell alcohol.
• A Whitehall resident’s car was damaged in a car verses deer crash on White Lake Dr. in the 3100 block. The crash occurred at 8:15 p.m. while the 22-year-old was westbound and the deer was northbound and ran into the side of the car. There were no injuries and the man was able to drive his car home.
• An officer making a routine check of the restrooms in Goodrich Park found graffiti on the wall. The graffiti was done with a permanent marker sometime before it was discovered at 11:38 p.m. There are no suspects at this time but anyone with information is asked to call the Whitehall Police.
• An officer patrolling at the High School noted a vehicle parked partially in a handicap space and checked the plate. The check showed the owner had three outstanding warrants and the officer then noticed someone in the car. Contact was made with an Egelston Township woman who was the owner. The 39-year-old was taken into custody and lodged at the Muskegon County jail.
• A citizen called 911 to report that he was following a car that struck a retaining wall and guard rail in the 1300 block of Colby St. An officer happened to be in the 1000 block at the same time and stopped the vehicle at 12:51 a.m. The officer spoke with 78-year-old driver who reported that he got confused driving in the dark and had been driving for 3 hours looking for his home in Montague. The officer did notice fresh damage to the vehicle. The man’s car was parked and he was transported home. A request for a driver exam was sent to the Secretary of State.
• A routine check of a license plate led the arrest of the 40-year-old driver for an outstanding warrant and traffic violations. The officer checked the plate at 10:53 p.m. and noted that the plate was for a 1996 Ford van but was on a GMC pickup truck. After making a stop in the 1000 block of Slocum St. the officer found that the Twin Lake man had a suspended license, a warrant for driving on a suspended license and a prior conviction for driving on a suspended license. The driver also admitted that he never transferred the title, jumped the plate and didn’t have insurance. The suspect was taken into custody without incident and lodged at the Muskegon County jail.
• A resident of a home in the 400 block of Mears Ave. reported that he had $150.00 stolen from him. The caller reported that he had left the money on a chair and left the room but it was missing when he returned. After taking the initial call at 3:58 p.m. the officers received a later call that the money was found in the caller’s boot. He told the officer he didn’t know who put the money in his boot.
• Whitehall Police were called to the 200 block of Pinecrest on a report of a burning violation. When the officer arrived at the 8:48 p.m. call he discovered a house warming party and that the fire was not in violation of the ordinance. No further action was taken.
• At 8:13 p.m. police were called to the 1500 block of Mears Ave. on a report of a suspicious vehicle. The officer was able to locate the vehicle a short distance away and spoke with the occupants who said they were just looking around the city because the man’s daughter had just moved there. No further action was taken.
• A 911 call by an intoxicated woman led to her arrest. Police were dispatched to the 100 block of N. Livingston St at 6:48 p.m. where the call originated. They spoke to a 59-year-old woman who said that she had called 911 but didn’t have an emergency or need police assistance at all. The Whitehall resident who was visiting a neighbor at the time was told that she was being arrested and was being handcuffed when she flopped on a nearby couch and then struggled against the arrest. After a brief struggle she was arrested and then lodged in the Muskegon County jail for the improper 911 call and resisting arrest.
• The passenger in a vehicle stopped at 12:07 p.m. was arrested on an outstanding warrant for trespassing. An officer on patrol made the stop in the 700 block of Colby St. after noticing the driver wasn’t wearing a seatbelt. During routine computer checks the warrant for the 38-year-old Twin Lake woman was discovered. She was taken into custody and later lodged at the Muskegon County jail and the driver was cited for the seatbelt violation before being released.
• A Whitehall Township woman reported that a small purse was taken from her purse and that contained over $100 in cash. The victim reported that she was working at a care home in the 800 block of Slocum St. two days before. Other people that were also working at the home were questioned but no suspects identified. The case remains an open investigation.
• A traffic stop for a registration violation led to an “arrest” that was resolved at the roadside. The stop was made in the 200 block of Thompson St. A computer check on the 62-year-old driver located the warrant for failure to appear in court. The court was contacted by phone during the 3:34 p.m. stop and the driver was able to provide a credit card to the court to pay the ticket and the warrant was immediately cancelled. The Montague woman was then released after being warned about the plate violation.
• A 56-year-old man was taken into custody at his residence in the 100 block of S. Livingston St. on a warrant for sexual assault. The warrant stemmed from an investigation that began in 2018 and involved a girl under 13-years-old. The suspect was taken into custody at 8:19 p.m. and lodged at the Muskegon County jail.
• Whitehall Police were called after a barking dog caused a neighbor to be concerned for the well being of a man in the 200 block of E. Alice St. The caller told the officer that the constant barking was unusual and wanted officers to check. The man was located and was fine but had left the dog outside longer than usual. No further action was taken.
• A dispute over property led to a call to the police to mediate. Officers responded to the 800 block of S. Division St. at 3:19 p.m. and learned that the couple were divorcing and there was a property order but the man was taking an item not on the list. The item was returned and the man collected the rest of his property.
•At 12:15 p.m., an arrest for assault and battery was made at 4059 Maple Island Rd., Cedar Creek Twp.
• At 10:45 p.m., an arrest for assault and battery was made at 7166 Progress Dr., Blue Lake Twp.
• At 3:11 a.m., a traffic crash occurred in the 10500 block of Holton Duck Lake Rd., Holton Twp.
• At 5:59 p.m., on Maple Island Rd., an arrest was made on a charge of operating while under the influence of liquor/drugs.
• At 10 a.m., an arrest for probation violation was made in the 3700 block of Michillinda Rd., Fruitland Twp.
• At 9:40 a.m., an arrest for operating while intoxicated was made at 6019 Zellar Rd., Fruitland Twp.
• At 9:00 a.m., an arrest for assault and battery was made at 1180 W. Tyler Rd., Fruitland Twp.
• At 3:18 a.m., an arrest for operating while intoxicated was made on Dykstra Rd. at Witham Rd., Laketon Twp.
• At 5:15 a.m., a traffic crash occurred in the 10500 block of Maple Island Rd., Cedar Creek Twp.
• At 5:00 p.m., damage to property was reported in the 4800 block of Scenic Dr., Fruitland Twp.
• At 8:55 a.m., delinquent minors were reported in the 11600 block of Henderson Rd., Montague Twp.
• At 4:40 a.m., an arrested for retail fraud-3rd degree was made at 6633 Automobile Rd., Lakewood Club.
• At 1:03 p.m., a larceny was reported in the 7200 block of Blue Lake Rd., Blue Lake Twp.
• At 7;06 a.m., animals at large were reported in the 2700 block of Hyde Park Rd., Dalton Twp.
• At 1:43 p.m., intimidation/stalking was reported in the 10900 block of Schow Rd., Holton Twp.
• At 5:32 p.m., a traffic crash occurred on Holton Rd. at the northbound US-31 exit.
• At 9:30 p.m., an arrest for assault and battery was made at 1950 Whitehall Rd.
• At 12:38 p.m., a drug overdose was reported in the 1100 block of Whitehall Rd.
• At 1:34 p.m., at traffic crash occurred on Holton Rd. at Jaric Rd.
• At 3:02 p.m., a traffic crash occurred on E. Giles Rd. at Holton Rd.
• At 6:06 a.m., a traffic crash occurred on Holton Rd. at Roberts Rd.